Kremlin Armoury



Kremlin Armoury

Kremlin Armoury

Moscow Armoury

Location inside Moscow Kremlin:



554458.25 373647.90 / 55.7495139N 37.613306E / 55.7495139; 37.613306




The Russian Imperial regalia, housed within the Kremlin Armoury.

Treasures of gold and silver

The Armoury has ten Faberg eggs, a group equal to the biggest on the planet.

The Kremlin Armoury (Russian: ) is likely one of the oldest museums of Moscow, established in 1808 and positioned within the Moscow Kremlin (map).

The Kremlin Armoury originated because the royal arsenal in 1508. Until the switch of the courtroom to St Petersburg, the Armoury was accountable for producing, buying and storing weapons, jewelry and varied family articles of the tsars. The most interesting Muscovite gunsmiths (the Vyatkin brothers), jewellers (Gavrila Ovdokimov), and painters (Simon Ushakov) used to work there. In 1640 and 1683, they opened the iconography and pictorial studios, the place the teachings on portray and handicrafts might be given. In 1700, the Armoury was enriched with the treasures of the Golden and Silver chambers of the Russian tsars.

In 1711, Peter the Great had nearly all of masters transferred to his new capital, St.Petersburg. 15 years later, the Armoury was merged with the Fiscal Yard (the oldest depository of the royal treasures), Stables Treasury (accountable for storing harnesses and carriages) and the Master Chamber (accountable for stitching garments and bedclothes for the tsars). After that, the Armoury was renamed into the Arms and Master Chamber.

Alexander I of Russia nominated the Armoury as the primary public museum in Moscow in 1806, however the collections weren’t opened to the general public till 7 years later. The present Armoury constructing was erected in 1844-1851 by the imperial architect Konstantin Ton. After the Bolshevik Revolution, the Armoury assortment was enriched with treasures taken from the Patriarch vestry, Kremlin cathedrals, monasteries and personal collections. Some of those have been bought overseas on behest of Stalin within the 1930s. In 1960, the Armoury grew to become the official museum of the Kremlin. Two years later, the Patriarch chambers and the Cathedral of the Twelve Apostles had been assigned to the Armoury with a purpose to home the Applied Arts Museum.

Nowadays, the Kremlin Armoury is house to the Russian Diamond Fund. It boasts distinctive collections of the Russian, Western European and Eastern utilized arts spanning the interval from the fifth to the 20th centuries. Some of the highlights embody the Imperial Crown of Russia, Monomakh’s Cap, the ivory throne of Ivan the Terrible, and different regal thrones and regalia; the Orloff Diamond; the helmet of Yaroslav II; the sabres of Kuzma Minin and Dmitri Pozharski; the 12-century necklaces from Ryazan; golden and silver tableware; articles, adorned with enamel, niello and engravings; embroidery with gold and pearls; imperial carriages, weapons, armour, and the Memory of Azov, Bouquet of Lilies Clock, Trans-Siberian Railway, Clover Leaf, Moscow Kremlin, Alexander Palace, Standart Yacht, Alexander III Equestrian, Romanov Tercentenary, Steel Military Faberg eggs. The 10 Faberg eggs within the Armoury assortment (all Imperial eggs) are essentially the most Imperial eggs, and the second-most total Faberg eggs, owned by a single proprietor.

External hyperlinks

v d e

Moscow Kremlin and Red Square

Kremlin Wall

and Towers

Kremlin Wall (Borovitskaya  Vodovzvodnaya  Blagoveshenskaya  Tainitskaya  Pervaya Bezymyannaya  Vtoraya Bezymyannaya  Petrovskaya  Beklemishevskaya  Konstantino-Yeleninskaya  Nabatnaya  Tsarskaya  Spasskaya  Senatskaya  Nikolskaya  Uglovaya Arsenalnaya  Srednyaya Arsenalnaya  Troitskaya  Kutafya  Komendantskaya  Oruzheinaya)



The Senate  Building 14  The Arsenal  Amusement Palace  State Kremlin Palace  Grand Kremlin Palace  Terem Palace  The Armory  Palace of Facets  State Historical Museum


Cathedral of the Assumption  Cathedral of the Annunciation  Cathedral of the Archangel  Church of Saint Ioann Lestvichnik and Ivan the Great Bell Tower  Church of the Deposition of the Virgin’s Robe in Vlachernon  Patriarch’s Palace and the Church of the Twelve Apostles  Verkhospassky Cathedral and the Terem Churches  Cathedral of the Intercession (of Saint Basil the Blessed)  Kazan Cathedral

Squares and gardens

Red Square  Ivanovskaya Square  Cathedral Square  Tainitsky Gardens  Grand Kremlin Public Garden  Alexander Garden


Monument to Minin and Pozharsky  Tomb of the Unknown Soldier  Place of Skulls  Tsar Cannon  Tsar Bell


Ascension Convent  Chudov Monastery  Armorial Gate

Categories: Buildings and buildings in Moscow | Museums in Moscow | National museums | Military and struggle museums in Russia | Moscow Kremlin | ArmouriesHidden classes: Articles containing Russian language textual content





Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here